Commission Representative: Joel Slocumb
Phone: (800) 999-1613
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2768 | Columbus Georgia | 31902
The Columbus Film Fund is a local incentive — in the form of a grant — to provide funding to compensate filmmakers for the additional per diem, housing and transportation costs associated with bringing crew to Columbus.
Incentive You May Qualify for:
- Cash incentive grants may be applied for which have no specific minimum or maximum dollar amount except that no grant shall exceed 20% of the total value of the fund at the time of project pre-production.
- The Film Commission:
- Shall take bids from local hoteliers and apartment management companies to provide best available rates for housing crew and talent for each production.
- Will assist in identifying vendors, with whom the producer and/or director can negotiate best price discounts for production offices, other rentals, parking fees, catering, security/police, healthcare professionals, site rentals, fire and rescue service, filming permits and other production costs.
- Will provide information on renting Flat Rock Studios and fully furnished production offices located in Columbus.
- Columbus State University:
- Faculty will assist with casting calls and auditions.
- Will provide resumes for local workers who have completed the Georgia Film Academy on-set film production Nexus degree.
- When possible, the Film Commission will secure in-kind support for projects in exchange for thank you recognition of said vendor in end credits.
- Selected projects providing documentation that 85% of the production’s budget was spent in Muscogee County may qualify for an additional 10% of an incentive grant.
- The Film Commission will provide referrals to a Columbus based film distribution company for possible film distribution agreements.
- Experienced film/television technicians with no fewer than (5) five years of verifiable experience, who relocate to Muscogee County with a minimum one-year lease or purchase of property and who reside the Muscogee County for a minimum of 30 days may apply for a $2,000 relocation reimbursement grant. Verifiable receipts or other documentary proof and possessing a valid Georgia driver’s license are required
Qualifying Production Expenses for Grant Funds:
- Local Labor**
- Local Rentals*
- Local Hotels/Apartments*
- Per Diem
- Parking Fees
- Catering (labor/food)
- Local Site Rentals
- Healthcare Professionals
- Fire & Rescue Services
- Local Purchases of Misc. Supplies*
- Background Players
- Casting Fees
- Local Animals*
- Gas & Oil
- Picture Cars
- Craft Services***
- Production Services Companies***
*Local Expenses are those incurred with companies officially operating in Muscogee County
**Local Labor refers to Georgia residents living in Muscogee County
***Companies with headquarters outside Muscogee County with satellite location in Muscogee County